Traditional stores are increasingly improving their online presence.
Those who do not pay attention to eCommerce can find themselves falling behind.
Why is this the case?
Whether you accept it or not, buying behavior has shifted. Regardless of how admired your physical shop is, you can only contact a limited number of people.
People’s lives have become more hectic.
As a result, this fuels their eagerness to get as much convenience as possible. Online shopping provides them with comfort as well as the ability to get the greatest offers in a world market.
When it comes to eCommerce, Shopify is one of the leading choices in the industry.
What is more, it is ideal for merchants who are just starting with an online store. So, we decided to gather all the info regarding the question of how to promote a Shopify store.
Disclosure: Our website is reader-supported. If you purchase any service through our partner links, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
How to Start Shopify Store: Basic Steps to Go Through
1. Opt for a Suitable Domain Name
The URL that integrates with your site and allows shoppers to enter your store is known as the domain address. Shopify will assign you a primary domain that looks like examplestore.myshopify.com by default.
However, you can always consider purchasing or integrating your own domain.
Generally speaking, you should look for the following criteria in an excellent domain name.
- People will not face any problems while spelling out. Avoid using punctuation marks such as hyphens. In addition to this, keep an eye out for repetitive letters.
- Make it quick to remember. Choose a word with fewer than ten characters to make it simple for individuals to memorize.
- Do not forget to use keywords. Focus on relevant keywords that people may use scouring the Internet for you online. Before visiting your site, a domain will convey a sense of your goods. It will also have a strong influence on your SEO ranking in the future.
2. Choose and Install a Relevant Variant From Shopify Store Themes
To cut a long story short, a theme is similar to your store’s attire. It is what your guests will see when they arrive at the website. As a result, selecting an appealing and properly functioning theme is critical to ensuring that you have a first-class store.
When it comes to Shopify store ideas, you have two choices to go with:
- Create your own theme. The platform will give you a primary but functional look. After this, you must develop and improve your Shopify store by modifying the necessary elements yourself.
- Choose ready-made Shopify store themes. To start with, Shopify Theme offers a wide range of free and paid themes. You are also free to download Shopify themes from various marketplaces.
Remember that premium themes include additional customizations. If you want to get into the nitty-gritty of how your online store appears, it is worth spending a little more for a creative theme.
You will also discover that if you have access to the CSS and HTML aspects.
It means that you can make a lot of changes to how your site feels and works. Some of the Shopify theme customization options include:
- fonts and color schemes
- different page elements
- related item functionality
- carousels and sliders
3. Continue Shopify Store Development and Start Adding the Desired Content
As you can understand, the next step involves adding products. That is self-evident. All you need to do is to go to the Products tab and click Add Products. Here, you will be ready to enter your product information.
You must include some details about your goods, including:
- and others
Different labels can be used to arrange your products. Among them, it is possible to mention the following ones:
- product availability
- and others
These tags assist you in categorizing your products and making it smoother for your buyers to make purchases.
If you don’t want to spend a lot of time, Shopify store setup services are readily available to help you start a Shopify store with expert support. With these services, you’ll be able to focus on running your business instead of worrying about creating your Shopify store.
How to Promote a Shopify Store?
After you have found the answer to the question of how to start a Shopify store, it is time to promote it.
1. Use social media to interact with your audience
You can advertise your brand on social media for free (organically) or through their built-in paid ads possibilities.
We will understand how to promote the Shopify store for free, but let us focus on paid options now.
If you possess a decent ad budget, one of the most effective methods for driving traffic is to run social media ads. Paid social posts are given preference over organic posts.
In other words, you can reach a highly specific audience. You can choose to approach your viewers based on factors like location, age, and hobbies. Many platforms enable the development of advertisements.
We suggest choosing Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Despite having an adult audience, Facebook is one of the largest platforms with the most sophisticated targeting possibilities and promotional features. Your ads can involve CTA buttons and forms, and they can be tracked using Facebook analytics.
- Because of its visual environment, Instagram is appealing to many businesses. It is an excellent platform for demonstrating your product in action. It performs better for companies with powerful lifestyle branding.
- Twitter is also an excellent platform for gaining attention. It is essential to mention that 42% of grownups who use Twitter are between the ages of 18 and 29.
- If your business is capable of creating and testing video ads, YouTube can be extremely advantageous.
2. Send out emails
Email is not only the most prevalent online marketing medium, but it is also one of the most effective. To be sure, Shopify includes email campaign software to get you started.
Anyway, you can turn to a dedicated email marketing platform.
It will almost certainly provide greater performance and total campaign outcomes. Once you have discovered the ideal instrument, it is all about engaging your audience.
For instance, you can opt for popups or giveaways. The best part is that list building and email campaigns for Shopify stores are very similar to traditional eCommerce email campaigns.
3. Collaborate with other sources and influencers
There’s an explanation for why 75% of business owners spend their budget on influencer marketing. It is immensely beneficial at increasing brand awareness and revenue on social media.
First and foremost, you must identify the appropriate influencers for your company. These are people who share your brand’s principles and with whom your intended audience is familiar and engaged
Each influencer type has advantages and disadvantages.
Tinier influencers are less costly, whereas larger ones are more pricey. Larger influencers, on the contrary, can assist you in reaching a bigger number of people.
However, it is worth noting that micro-influencers typically have greater levels of engagement.
Preferably, you should create a campaign that includes both micro and mega influencers.
Of course, your campaign’s objectives and spending plan will ultimately determine this. So, team up with decent influencers to develop creative content.
Remember that they are likely more adept at producing content than you are.
Nevertheless, they may not be as familiar with your company or the intended audience as you are. So, make sure to explain every single detail about your business to achieve better results.
4. Launch a referral program
A referral program is another uncomplicated method to promote your store. You can use it to obtain new clients by working with current customers.
A referral campaign also allows you to motivate loyal customers by helping you raise awareness about your online shop.
To get excellent outcomes from a referral marketing program, make sure the reward system is dual-sided.
So, give a discount to both the referrer and the referee. This structure encourages your existing customers to refer new customers. New buyers will also get an incentive to place their first order.
5. Take advantage of SEO optimization
Fortunately, Shopify comes pre-loaded with fantastic SEO features. For instance, it can produce a sitemap for your website. Anyway, these built-in features are limited. Furthermore, those features are available to all Shopify sellers.
It means that you will need an additional tactic to maintain a competitive advantage.
To be honest, search engine optimization is a broad topic, but there are several techniques to get started.
The first step is to conduct keyword research.
Essentially, you want to determine the keywords that your prospective customers employ when searching for goods. For enhanced searchability, add those keywords to different parts of your store.
You can include the target keywords in:
- product titles
- title tag
- meta description
Loading time is also significant.
Enhance your store to make it load faster. This boosts the user experience and your ranking on search engine results pages.
Use optimized images and reduce the number of irrelevant apps to improve site speed.
Eventually, create links to your online shop.
Quality backlinks will help your site gain credibility and authority. Obtaining backlinks from respectable industry websites can also assist you in ranking higher in your market segment.
6. Implement different contests and giveaways
A decent giveaway rapidly converts followers into clients. Using Shopify apps, you can easily organize a giveaway. There is also no lack of third-party contest tools that make running one a breeze.
If you decide to hold contests, pay attention to the following tips:
- Choose an award that is appropriate for your aim. In other words, giving away CDs of Red Hot Chili Peppers to the fans of Taylor Swift makes little sense. Always consider what you are attempting to achieve and who the giveaway is intended for.
- No more than one month. A month is about the minimum length for a giveaway, and most should be quicker.
- Combine your giveaway with other occurrences whenever possible. The holiday season, festivals, events, and new product launches are all excellent times to hold a contest.
7. Provide people with coupons and notify them about discounts
Another Shopify store ideas in terms of the promotion are all about promo codes and discounts. Shopify has a native discount code function.
It allows you to easily set up and control discount coupons in your shop. This function enables you to generate various sorts of Shopify discount codes, such as:
- fixed amount
- free shipping
- or buy X and get Y free
You can also place a discount on all of your product lines or on a single product. It is possible to limit the discount to individuals who buy a specific number of items.
8. Increase trust using reviews and support
Customer reviews are a fantastic way to leave an excellent first impression on your prospects. These can turn out to be your social proof that will improve traffic flow, increasing their likelihood to purchase from you.
People will believe in your company and rely on those products displayed on the site pages.
Moreover, Shopify bots can help cultivate customer loyalty and encourage them to purchase once more.
Bots can deliver an individualized purchasing experience based on user characteristics. It can also interact with multiple users and reply with distinct personally tailored answers.
All of these factors contribute to increased customer loyalty and satisfaction. People can use bots to answer questions about a company’s brand or various products.
There is no need to stand in line for a live customer service agent to get answers to basic questions.
What to Do After Shopify Store Development: Measure Your Results!
Key performance indicators (KPIs) in marketing are measurements that demonstrate the success of the marketing strategy.
If you want to determine the success of your store, examine a wide range of eCommerce marketing data. It is necessary to determine whether one’s marketing efforts are improving or degrading.
Then, you can develop and perfect a plan for long-term sales, profits, and sustained development.
How to Start Shopify Store & What KPIs to Track?
The major forms of KPIs you need to monitor when advertising your store are as follows.
- Customer acquisition cost (CAC) is comparable to cost per lead (CPL). It measures how much money a business spends to acquire a new customer.
- Customer lifetime value (LTV) refers to the prospective revenue made by a consumer for a company over the duration of their relationship with that company.
- Return on investment (ROI) is a flexible key performance measure that identifies the amount of income your company generates. Then, this indicator compares it to the amount the firm spends.
- Brand awareness is a metric that measures the success of your company’s social media and advertising projects.
- Mobile traffic refers to the percentage of viewers to your site who use a smartphone to browse the web.
A Few Words in Conclusion
With no coding skills required, Shopify allows you to achieve multiple goals. You will be ready to control stock, handle orders, and create a robust online store in just a few hours.
This is an excellent starting point for any eCommerce venture. Remember that prospects must engage with a brand seven times before buying a product, according to the marketing rule of seven.
These strategies discussed on the top are impactful on their own. However, you must use a combination of them to achieve the greatest results.
To make Shopify store development more pleasant, you can always turn to free Shopify themes.
If you have an interest in premium choices, our promo code
talkbitz will give you 10% OFF. It works for Shopify themes and MonsterONE.
We hope that you will no longer ask the question of how to promote a Shopify store.
Thanks for reading!