Influencer marketing is one of the most important strategies used in marketing today. It is a way to reach a large audience through people who have influence over that audience.
They can be celebrities, bloggers, vloggers, experts, or everyday people with large followings.
To become a successful influencer, it is important for you to have a well-crafted influencer media kit to pitch a potential brand partner collaboration and let them know you would be a great asset to their team.
But what is it, really? Why is it so powerful? Let’s find out!
Disclosure: Our website is reader-supported. If you purchase any service through our partner links, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
What is an Influencer Media Kit?
Influencer media kits are a great way to introduce yourself as an expert in your field.
It’s a pack of information that (most commonly formatted as PDF files) showcases who you are as a brand or individual, what you’re offering, and what kind of results you’re hoping to achieve.
When sponsors see that you’re experienced and capable of creating great content, they’ll be more likely to trust your work and collaborate with you.
Here’s a quick example of what it looks like:
When creating an influencer media kit, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
Your Influencer media kit should include:
- A brief introduction about yourself
- Your social media stats (followers, engagement rates, demographics, etc.)
- Testimonials/Reviews from any past collaborations or campaigns you’ve worked on
- A selection of any published work you’ve done
- Your contact information
- Collaboration options
- Services and rates
In addition, be sure to include all the relevant information within 2-3 pages that will help promote your work and show potential sponsors that you’re knowledgeable about and experienced in the field.
How to Create an Influencer Media Kit
Creating an influencer media kit can seem daunting, but with the help of a design program like Canva, it can be easy and fun.
More than that, you can create stunning media kits with the help of the Canva Pro subscription plan that lets you customize your media kit with premium features like Brand Kit, Background Remover, and more.
Still not a Canva Pro user?
These templates include all the sections you’ll need to include in your kit, such as demographics, followership, and reach.
Here are some tips on how to create your kit:
- Go to Canva.com and search for “Media Kit” templates.
- Pick a template you love or choose the “Blank Canva” template.
- Now it’s time to add your information. Add your name, website, social media handles, and any other information you want to include.
- Next, add some images or graphics to help showcase your work.
- Once you have gathered all of your content, start customizing your media kit using the tools in Canva. Add your headshot and remove the background out with Canva’s bg remover tool to make it perfect.
- Save your media kit as a PDF, JPG, or PNG, or share it directly via social media.
If you already have an influencer media kit and looking to redesign it, you can easily import it as a PDF file into the Canva editor.
From there, you can customize it to fit your brand and needs. Adding your own logo, fonts, and colors will help make the kit feel more personal and unique to you.
Simply put, creating an influencer media kit can help you to better connect with potential sponsors and partners.
It can help you to build relationships with brands and organizations.
By providing them with information about your audience and your social media presence, you can demonstrate that you are a valuable partner for their marketing efforts.
Finally, remember to keep your media kit up-to-date and continually update it as your influence grows.