The Clock is Ticking, Claim Your .COM
Search results for
What is a Domain Name?
A domain name is like the address of a house. It tells people where to find you on the internet. It can be anything you want such as yourname.com, or yourbusiness.com, as long as it’s not already being used by someone else.
Why Having a Domain Name is Important?
A domain name is how people find you online, and it’s an important part of any online business. Even if you’re not ready to launch a full website, having a domain name is a necessary first step in establishing your brand and building your online presence.
It’s also an investment – it will appreciate in value as time goes on.
What Can You Do with a Domain Name?
Domain names are more than just web addresses. You can do many things that reflect your brand, without relying on someone else’s platform.
Here are some things you can do with your domain name:
- Make a website. This is a great way to share information about yourself, your business, or your products and services with the world. → Learn More
- Start a blog. This is a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with others and to build an audience for your writing. → Learn More
- Create an online portfolio. This helps you showcase your best work, experience, and skills. → Learn More
- Create an online store. This is a great way to sell products and services online and reach a global audience. → Learn More
- Create a professional email address. This looks more professional than using a generic email service. For example, instead of using email@example.com, you could use firstname.lastname@example.org. → Learn More
There are many other things, but these are just some of the most popular uses. So if you have a domain name, put it to good use and see what you can come up with!
Why Should You Stick with .com Domains?
With over one billion websites, choosing a unique or creative domain name can be tempting. However, sticking with a .com domain is still your best bet. Here’s why:
For one, .com domains are more memorable than other domains. With so many websites out there, people are more likely to remember a .com than any other domain extension.
Plus, .com domains are more trusted than other domains. When people see a .com domain, they automatically assume it’s a reliable and trustworthy website.
However, there are plenty of new domain extensions available these days, like those from .org, .online, .club, and .me to .co, and .life.
How Much Does a Domain Name Cost?
The cost of a domain name can vary depending on a number of factors. The most important factor is the extension, or top-level domain (.com, .net, and so on), that you choose.
A new domain will cost around $10-20 per year. However, if your preferred one is a preregistered domain, that will be expensive and depending on the name’s popularity.