Are you looking for the best Wix alternatives?
Wix is a website builder that allows you to create your own website without coding knowledge.
However, it gets a bit pricey for beginners when you try to upgrade. If you need an affordable solution to your website requirements, you might want to consider switching to another DIY website builder.
The good news is that there are some cheaper alternatives to Wix that offer excellent functionality and features at a lower cost.
In this article, we’ll share our picks of the best Wix alternatives that’ll help you save money and build your next website creatively in 2022.
Disclosure: Our website is reader-supported. If you purchase any service through our partner links, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
The Best Wix Alternatives for 2022
Basically, you can’t have a great website without a good website builder. With a number of remarkable features, Wix certainly can make your website building process way easier and faster.
But it doesn’t mean they suit everyone and that depends on what kind of website you want to build.
As you’ll see, the platform has its pros and cons, which is why you might be interested in our picks of Wix alternatives.
Let’s dive into the list!
Zyro is an excellent Wix alternative that offers many useful features. It is user-friendly and it might be one of the cheapest website builders in the market, but that doesn’t mean it’s not powerful.
You can get started with a template or it also has an AI website building tool where everyone can make websites in less time. It lets create multiple pages, add a blog, widgets, galleries, contact forms, SEO options, and more without any coding knowledge.
Reasons to try Zyro:
- A user-friendly AI website builder that saves you a lot of time
- Affordable pricing plan to upgrade as you grow
- eCommerce tools to sell your products anywhere
- Blogging tools and email signup forms
Pricing: Zyro starts at $2.99 per month (billed every 2 years). If you want to sell products you will likely need the $3.99 per month plan.
The best part is that TalkBitz users can get 10% OFF on Zyro website builder yearly plans using our exclusive Zyro promo code
TalkBitz10 at the checkout!
Pixpa is an affordable, easy website builder that best suits photographers, designers, artists, and freelancers. You have access to professional templates, built-in marketing tools such as client galleries, blogging tools, SEO, and marketing tools to grow your business online.
Its user-friendly interface and wide selection of templates make it easy to set up an online store with popular payment methods so you can sell your products anywhere. It all comes with a 15-day free trial with affordable pricing plans and also offers discounts for students and educators.
Reasons to try Pixpa:
- A user-friendly website builder with modern templates
- Blogging tools, eCommerce features, and more marketing tools
- Client galleries to showcase your skills
- Get an expert from Pixpa to build your website
- Customize your website using custom CSS and edit HTML
Pricing: Pixpa has a free trial of 15-days. The basic plan starts at $3 per month, billed annually. eCommerce businesses likely need the $7 per month plan.
Thanks to Pixpa, you can get 10% OFF on all Pixpa plans using our exclusive promo code
talkbitz10 at the checkout!
Strikingly is a free website builder which helps you create mobile-friendly responsive websites in minutes. With a simple editor and easy-to-use templates, it has become a go-to service for beginners looking to build their first website.
The best thing is you can build unlimited free sites using strikingly.com as your subdomain with 5GB monthly bandwidth and 500MB total storage per site. This platform is an ideal choice for those who want a simple and clean design with little effort.
Reasons to try Strikingly:
- Create unlimited free sites with the strikingly.com domain
- Free domain for a year (on paid plans) or connect your own domain
- All paid plans come with a 14-day free trial
- Sell your products with shipping, coupons, and more
- All your sites come with built-in eCommerce, blogging, and analytics
Pricing: You can build unlimited sites for free but paid plans start at $8/mo (billed annually) which includes more features to grow your business.
Weebly is one of the most popular website builders for Over 40 million people around the world. It offers a free plan with the site builder that is easy to use and allows even non-technical users to create a website.
This builder comes with so many features including, Forms, Blogs, SEO tools, and more. They have templates for any kind of business or type of website you choose from blogging to e-commerce to travel websites.
Reasons to try Weebly:
- Free plan with a sub-domain to publish your website
- Well-crafted templates for various industries
- Range of blogging tools to start your blog
- eCommerce tools to sell your products online
- Apps center to make your business more powerful
Pricing: Weebly has a free plan (with a Weebly brand tag in the footer). The paid plans start at $5 per month. eCommerce websites likely need the $12 per month plan, billed annually.
5. WordPress (Bluehost Website Builder)
WordPress (also called self-hosted WordPress) is a free and open-source content management system used by millions of users including the blog you’re reading now. With over a thousand plugins and customization options, you can make a fully customizable website as you want.
While WordPress is free, you will need a domain name and web hosting to get your website live. With Bluehost Website builder, you can easily get started with WordPress which makes setting up a blog or website a breeze, and you’ll have full control over your website.
Reasons to try WordPress:
- You can use WordPress for any kind of project
- Easy to Customization options with themes and plugins
- A huge WordPress Community helps in troubleshooting
- Easy to improve the search engine visibility of your website
- Convert your website into a store with the WooCommerce plugin
Pricing: You can start a WordPress website for $2.95 per month with Bluehost (billed annually).
Squarespace is one of the best alternatives to Wix for building a site, especially if you are looking to build an online store. The platform is great for small business owners because it has the tools when you just getting started.
The templates are attractive, the e-commerce tools make it check out efficiently and the Email Marketing, Scheduler, and other integrations are easy to set up without any technical experience.
Reasons to try Squarespace:
- Impressive website templates to customize to fit your needs.
- Site sections include lists, calendars, galleries, and more.
- Manage your buyers with profiles
- Sell products, services, and even subscriptions
- Manage your website using Squarespace Android or iOS app
Pricing: Squarespace personal plan costs you $12 per month, billed annually. A small business will likely want the $18/month plan for fully integrated eCommerce features.
Over to You
Wix is a good option for creating websites. But there are tons of other great choices available, whether you want a business website, online store, portfolio, or blog.
If you ask us, we recommend Zyro, as it combines ease of use with powerful features and the price is unbeatable.
It has lots of great extras too so you should find it a really enjoyable website building experience.
And all the other website builders are great alternatives for Wix and the best at their service.
Put simply, know your requirements and go with the right website builder that meets your budget and delivers what you really want!
Happy website building!