Do you want to start your own eCommerce business?
Building a great eCommerce website can be challenging.
But the good news is that there are a lot of best eCommerce website builders out there that can make this process a lot easier.
If you’re here, finding the right one for your small business, I understand how difficult it can be, and how much time can be wasted on a task that could take hours.
To save you all that time and effort, I’m going to take you through 8 eCommerce website builders that I believe will be best for selling online in 2022.
The Best eCommerce Website Builders in 2022
If you have no idea how to build an eCommerce site, choosing a website builder can be mind-boggling.
How much does it cost? What’s the learning curve?
Which one is the best for my type of business?
The questions go on and on — and this is just the start!
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. If you purchase any service through these links, we may earn a commission at no cost to you.
Zyro is one of the best eCommerce website builders with features that are specifically geared towards non-techies. Whether you are a hobbyist or an established entrepreneur, Zyro has affordable pricing plans and every eCommerce store comes with built-in marketing tools so that you can reach more customers.
Furthermore, you will have access to all the necessary tools to edit content and images as well as complete SEO with index pages for every section of your website.
From product listings to secure payment gateways, Zyro will help you manage inventory, orders, pricing, and more from a single dashboard to run your eCommerce business hassle-free.
- A user-friendly drag-and-drop website builder
- Affordable pricing plans with easily scalable options
- Fully Mobile-ready and loads faster
- Easy to make websites SEO-Friendly
- Sell products through Facebook and Instagram
- Supports most popular payment methods
Pricing: Zyro eCommerce plans start at $8.90 per month (billed every 2 years) and you’ll get a free domain for a year.
TalkBitz users can get 10% OFF on Zyro website builder yearly plans using our Zyro promo code
TalkBitz10 at the checkout!
Shopify is the easiest and fastest way to set up a professional online store for your products and services. Setting up your store with Shopify is really easy. This can be done using a simple and intuitive drag-and-drop interface, letting you customize everything from fonts to product images in just a matter of minutes.
Shopify has a user-friendly dashboard that can let you track your sales, orders, and traffic and helps you make the right decisions for your business. With Shopify mobile app, you’ll get live access to orders, fulfillment, analytics, and more all from your smartphone.
You can simply accept credit card payments and other popular payment methods on Shopify. It is a great way to make your customers feel safe shopping with your store.
- Drag and drop editor with beautiful themes
- Offer different products variations
- Multiple languages support online stores
- Optimize your product pages for SEO.
- 100+ multiple payment gateways to accept payments
- Set up shipping rates by fixed-price, location-based rates, and more
Pricing: There’s a 14-day free trial for new Shopify users. After that, paid plans start at $29 per month.
Weebly is a free website builder that lets anyone create, customize, and share websites. Weebly also offers a drag-and-drop site editor so you can start with a blank page and have the ability to add plenty of free themes and templates which are available for customization.
Weebly’s intuitive website builder has powerful, built-in tools that make it simple to add your own photos, videos, text, and more to your site. It is also packed with smart marketing tools such as abandoned cart recovery and welcome emails, to connect with your buyers.
You can create a free website with Weebly, but if you want to sell products and accept payments, you’ll need to go with one of their paid plans.
- Well-crafted templates for various industries
- Range of marketing tools to grow your business online
- Manage and track your inventory using a simple dashboard
- Apps center to make your business more powerful
- Instantly accept major credit cards directly from your website
Pricing: Weebly offers a free plan but eCommerce websites likely need the $12 per month plan, billed annually.
Pixpa is a well-known platform for creating portfolio websites. But it also lets you add a simple online store for your website. You can pick from one of their professionally designed templates, choose your page layout, add content and products, connect the payment gateways and customize your site to make it stand out.
You can manage your online store from a simple dashboard by letting your site visitors browse your store easily, add items to the cart, and checkout with major payment methods.
The coolest thing is that Pixpa doesn’t charge any fee or commission on your orders. All you need to do is just pick one of Pixpa’s affordable subscription plans that fit your needs and pay a fixed monthly/annual fee and you’re good to go.
- Modern website templates for various industries
- Client galleries to showcase your works get more sales
- Add custom CSS and edit HTML to customize your website
- Sell your physical products, images as print and downloads
- Blogging and SEO tools to improve your search engine visibility
- Get a Pixpa expert to build your website for free (need a business subscription)
Pricing: Pixpa offers a 15-day free trial. A small eCommerce business can get started with the $7/mo annual plan.
Strikingly’s simple e-commerce solutions help you sell your products online, hassle-free. It comes with a collection of stylish website templates, enabling you to customize your website with its intuitive website editor.
They offer secure payment gateway options, membership features, and inventory management tools you’ll ever need to start growing your online venture.
The best part is you can build unlimited free sites using strikingly.com as your subdomain with 5GB monthly bandwidth and you’ll be able to sell 1 product per site. If you want to sell more products they have paid plans that let you sell more with powerful features for businesses and membership sites.
- Create unlimited websites for free
- Free domain for a year (on paid plans) or connect your own domain
- All paid plans come with a 14-day free trial
- Easy to manage and sell your products with shipping, coupons, and more features
- All your sites come with built-in eCommerce, blogging, and analytics
Pricing: You can build unlimited sites for free but paid plans start at $8/mo (billed annually) which includes access to additional website features.
Wix is a leading eCommerce platform for creating an online store. It offers a range of innovative tools enabling you to create stunning designs while providing the eCommerce website builder and advanced business features.
It is designed especially for entrepreneurs who want to create an online store without any coding, or design knowledge. With their paid plans, you can offer up to 50,000 products in your online store and manage them from one dashboard while accepting major debit/credit cards, and other popular payment methods.
With Wix’s built-in marketing tools, you can simply promote your business with email marketing campaigns, promotional videos, readymade social posts, abandoned cart automation, and more.
- Start from designer-made store templates
- List and Sell your products on multiple sales channels
- Build recurring revenue with Wix’s store subscriptions
- Manage your eCommerce business from one dashboard
- Built-in marketing tools to open your business to a global audience
Pricing: Wix offers a limited free plan with Wix ads on. The paid plans start at $4.50 per month. Business and eCommerce plans start at $17/month, billed annually.
Squarespace helps you make an online store, a blog, and any other kind of website you can imagine. The various types of templates include blogs, portfolios, photo albums, and more. And you’ll have control over every aspect of your brand without the need for IT or web development teams.
One of the reasons why Squarespace is so popular is its outstanding website templates. These are tailored to sets the first impression to draw your customers in and allow your visitors to browse your products, add items to their cart, and check out efficiently.
The best part is, it also allows your visitors to book your services with a booking system. Moreover, it comes with Email Marketing, SEO tools, and Social Media tools to help you maximize your audience.
- Modern website templates for online store
- Plenty of design tools with Custom CSS options
- Site-building tools for galleries, video, audio blocks, and more
- Sell products, services, even subscriptions with multiple payment methods
- eCommerce-specific analytics to understand your customer base
- Manage your website with Squarespace Android and iOS App
Pricing: Squarespace plans start at $12 per month, billed annually. An eCommerce business may want the $18 per month plan.
WordPress is a powerful online publishing platform that has the ability to add custom functionality without the need for developers. This is possible because WordPress uses what it calls “plugins” to create these custom functionalities.
WooCommerce is one of them and for good reason. It’s this plugin’s flexibility, ease of use, and robust extension store that makes it attractive to WordPress store owners as well as developers who build custom eCommerce sites.
It’s free to install, but you’ll have to purchase a domain name and a hosting plan in order to build your WordPress website with the WooCommerce plugin. This requires some work and time to make continuing the endless cycle of selling things to people.
- If you have a WordPress site, you can sell anything with the WooCommerce plugin
- Accept major payment methods, and cash on delivery and bank transfers (BACS)
- The dashboard is a familiar interface to update products and fulfill orders
- Add free and paid extensions that add more features to your store
- Get help from the public support forum
Pricing: The WooCommerce plugin can easily be added to your own WordPress website for free.
As you can see, there are a variety of eCommerce website builders available today.
If you’re looking to build an online store right now, and you want to do it without having to become an expert with code and design, I would suggest that you take a look at the Zyro website builder on the list above.
It offers the most flexibility, the best amount of templates, and affordable pricing plans that can attract the customers you most want to reach.
Furthermore, Big players like Wix and Shopify, Squarespace, and all the other eCommerce website builders are perfect for beginners, so you can focus on building your brand without worrying about coding skills.