Do you want to start a blog on Blogger in 2019? Awesome idea! So, how to get started in blogging? Where is the starting point? How to create a blog for free and make money?
When you Google about it, there are so many ideas out there on the web and YouTube describing how to create a blog for free. Maybe these ideas can be different because there are so many blogging platforms out there in 2019.
However, If you are a newbie to blogging, Google’s Blogger platform is the best way to get started. Suprise is, it’s FREE to use! Before a few years ago, I approach to blogging with blogger.com. That is the easiest way to start a blog free.
I learned many more things about blogging myself, and that platform is very easy to used with your own Google Account. Sounds good? So, in this article, I’m going to explain how to start a blog and make money using Blogger. Let’s move on!
What is a Blog?
A blog (Weblog) is a type of website presenting content. One person usually maintains blogs, and blogs are being updated once a day, once a week, once a month, or it can depend on the person.
According to Google,
What is a Blog Niche?
A blog niche is a specific topic you will decide to write about on your blog. It can help you to build an audience around your blog. Writing about your niche helps you to write excellent content around your blog continuously.
If you don’t have an idea about choosing a niche, refer to this article. You can surely find out what you need to do with how to create a blog for free.
How to Start a Blog on Blogger?
- First, Go to blogger.com and click on the “Create Your Blog” button.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- After you signed up, you will redirect to the blog creator page. Enter your blog name (Title) and URL there! (Blogger gives you a blogspot.com subdomain for FREE, or later you can buy a domain name from Namecheap for the lowest price.)
- Choose your theme and click “Create Blog!”.
- Ones you clicked, you’ll redirect to the blogger dashboard. Yes! That’s it! you’re done with setting up a blog.
How to Write a Blog Post?
- You can start your posting by clicking on the orange button on the top of the left corner named “New Post“.
- After you clicked you’ll redirect to the writing section. It’s very simple to use. just like writing an MS Word document.
- Add a catchy title and write your post with your own content.
- Use the Best Spelling & Grammar Checker for best practice when you’re a beginner to blog writing also like me. It’s called Grammarly and it will help you to write the best blog posts with the Browser extension.
Once you have done with your writing process. you can publish or draft (save) your post. (You can see that options on the top of the right corner).
When you are publishing your post on your blog, you can organize your post with these few options. I recommend using these options to build your blog clean. You can find these options on the left side under “Post Settings.“
- Labels: You can use labels to categorize your posts clearly.
- Schedule: If you want to schedule your post by special date or time use this option.
- Permalink: That can help to create and edit the link of your blog post. (https://talkbitz.com/start-your-blog-in-2019/)
- Location: You can add your posting location to the post.
- Options: Use to handle reader comments, compose mode, line breaks.
How to Get More Views and Traffic?
Unfortunately, it’s not easy to do. You have to write more attractive posts to get more traffic. When people like your posts, they always will be loved by your blog.
Firstly, we need to write excellent content and be unique. That’s the main thing that you need to do to get more traffic(visitors) to your blog.
- Using Social Media: Once your Published and post, you can share it with your social accounts or pages. Use Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Especially try to get more traffic from Pinterest. It’s easy to do. Just focus on one or two social platforms and spend your time on it.
- Viral Content Bee: This is a great tool to get more social shares on your blog posts. It will significantly increase your social media traffic.
Allowingpeople to follow your blog: You can allow people to follow your blog with their Google account.
To add this following option to your blogger blog,
Go to the Layout section in your blogger dashboard and click on “Add Gadget“. It will show you a Widgets list. Then Choose “Followers” Widget and click Save. That’s it!
How to Make Money on Blogger?
Google Adsense: Can you make money by blogging? Definitely yes! If you ever heard about Google Adsense, That is one of the best ways to earn from a blog. Adsense will display ads through your blog, and they give you a commission for it. But at least you need quality traffic and unique 15-25 articles on your blog before to apply Adsense. Read, how to get Adsense Approval in 10 easy steps.
Sponsored Content: You can write posts describing or featuring a particular product or service. Very first, you need some of the traffic because no one sponsored you when your blog has low traffic.
Affiliate marketing: Most of the bloggers are using affiliate marketing to gain more passive income using their blogs. Like Amazon Affiliates, you can promote their products in your blog, and they will give you a commission for sales. Learn more about Amazon Affiliates here. Also, you can think about the CJ Affiliate network.
What’s Next About Blogging?
You can use the blogger platform for totally FREE. If you want to add a top-level domain, yes you can add the “yourname.com” domain for blogger. (buy a domain name from Namecheap for the lowest price)
Mainly, Think about the quality of content in your blog, not about money. When your content becomes fantastic, you can earn more with your blog without limitations!
I hope you’ll love this article about Start a Blog on Blogger in 2019. Also, recently I wrote another article about self-hosted blogging with WordPress to becoming advanced in blogging. Read it here!