Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular messaging apps worldwide. Every user loves to share photos, videos, and much more. But, Have you ever wanted to know how to save videos from Facebook Messenger to your camera roll?
Before you’re trying to download or save a video, keep in mind that you will find two kinds of videos. The first one is the videos received from your friend. And the other one is, shared videos to Messenger via Facebook’s share button.
In this guide, I will show you how to save videos from Facebook Messenger on your Android, iOS devices in easy steps!
Disclosure: We partner with good companies that offer products that help you achieve your goals. If you purchase through our partner links, we get paid at no cost to you.
Download Directly Uploaded Videos to Facebook Messenger
This process is similar for both iPhones and Android devices. so, follow the below steps to save videos that directly uploaded to Facebook Messenger, sent by your friends.
→ Get NordVPN Now
Download Shared Videos from Facebook
You cannot save videos that were originally uploaded on Facebook. That means if someone sends you a video to messenger by using Facebook’s share button, that’s not possible to download directly.
However, there are few third-party websites are available to solve this for you. Follow these steps to make it happen.
- Open the Facebook Messenger and open up the conversation.
- Then tap the link of the video. It will take you towards the original location of this video on Facebook.
- Tap on the three-dots located above the video, then choose the ‘Copy Link‘ option. (For iOS devices, tap Share below the post and tap on the ‘Copy link’ to get the URL.)
- Finally, go to fbdown.net and paste the copied video link and click the ‘Download‘ button.
However, keep in mind that fbdown.net is a third-party website and the final video will be saved into your browser file download folder on your Android or iOS device.
Additionally, If you’re using an iOS device the video will fetch on your browser and you have to tap the share button and choose the “Save Video” option to download it.
Pro Tip: Looking to create and share custom social media graphics for free? Simply, Click here to sign up for Canva PRO 30-day trial to get free access to thousands of design templates.
Download Videos From Messenger.com
If the above method doesn’t work for you, using messenger.com should help you to download Messenger videos to your Mac or PC.
- Using your Mac or PC, go to messsenger.com and log in.
- Find and open your conversation.
- Double click on the video (instead of clicking on the play button) to open it in full screen.
- Move your cursor up towards the top right of your screen and the download option will appear with a ‘Download‘ icon.
If someone sends you a video by using Facebook’s share button, you can also use the fbdown.net website to download them.