Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular messaging apps worldwide. Every user loves to share photos, videos, and much more. But Have you ever wanted to know how to save videos from Facebook Messenger to your camera roll?
Before you’re trying to download or save a video, keep in mind that you will find two kinds of videos. The first one is the videos received from your friend. And the other one is, shared videos to Messenger via Facebook’s share button.
In the below guide I will show you how to save videos from Facebook Messenger on your Android, iOS devices in easy steps!
Download Directly Uploaded Videos to Facebook Messenger
This process is similar for both iPhones and Android devices. so, follow the below steps to save videos that directly uploaded to Facebook Messenger sent by your friends.
- Open the Facebook Messenger and go to the preferred chat.
- Then Long-press the video and tap on the “Save” from the options will appear there.
- Allow the media gallery permission to save your video to your device storage. (If asked)
- It may take few seconds and you’ll see the downloaded video on your camera roll or photos folder.
Download Shared Videos from Facebook
You cannot save videos that were originally uploaded on Facebook. That means if someone send you a videos to messenger by using Facebook’s share button, that’s not possible download.
However, there are few third-party websites are available to solve this for you. Follow these steps to make it happen.
- Open the Facebook Messenger and choose the chat.
- Then tap the link of the video. It will take you towards the original location of this video on Facebook.
- Tap on the three-dots located above the video, then choose the “Copy Link” option. (For iOS devices, tap “Share” below the post and get the link of the video.)
- Finally, go to Fbdown.net and paste the video link and click the “Download” button.
However keep on mind that the final video will be saved to your browser file download folder on your Android device.
If you’re using a iOS device the video will featch on your browser and you have to tap share button and choose “Save Video” option to download it.