Facebook seemingly adding new features to its Messenger app including a new user interface to the app. Most apps like Twitter, Telegram, has a built-in dark mode you can enable in their settings. That enables you to use in dark places or night. It’s really pretty helpful for who didn’t like to use more brightness screens.
However, Facebook has started rolling out the new dark mode feature for its users. But you cannot find these in your messenger settings. So, to activate the dark mode for the Messenger app, there’s a hidden trick involved in messenger. Actually, what is Facebook doing behind us? 😉
Wondering how to go about it? Here’s a step-by-step guide to enable hidden dark mode on your Facebook Messenger app.
For Android users: make sure to update your app to the latest version of Messenger or check it through Google Play.
For iOS users: Go to Apps Store and check and update the Messenger app to the latest version.
Let’s follow these steps!
- Open the Facebook Messenger on your device.
- Select one of your friend’s chat and tap on the emoji button.
- Now, find the Crescent moon emoji 🌙 (moon).
- Send the emoji to your friend.
- After that, Messenger will prompt a message, saying “You have found Dark mode”.
- Finally, tap on ‘Turn on in Settings’ and turn on the toggle of the Dark mode option.
After adding these features to your messenger app, you can enable or disable dark mode anytime. Simply click on your profile picture on top of right corner on the Messenger and toggle ON or OFF the dark mode in the settings. Meanwhile, Facebook recently giving awesome features to its users. You can refer more about 8 Facebook Hidden Features You Probably Didn’t Know About.