Have you ever heard about Chatbots? The technology is always upgrading fastly day by day. In 2020, almost we can able to use 5G network usually. That’s mean machines can do specific tasks with AI Technology without people’s live commands.
A chatbot is an artificial intelligence (AI) computer program that created to simulate a conversation with human users. In this era, Chatbots making is not a huge project anymore. You never need more computer programming knowledge. If you have to build an automated conversation with your customers, you can create a Chatbot using online platforms like Chatfuel. It’s my favorite and they allow you to connect your Chatbot to your facebook and website within simple clicks.
What is Chatfuel?
Chatfuel is a chatbot building platform designed to create conversational chatbots easily. Using chatfuel, you can create Facebook Messenger bots for marketing, sales and support side on your own business.
If one of your customers want to know about your product or something through Facebook and they will use messenger to connect with you. But, if you are not able to chat with that customer on time, they can be disappointed with your business. So, you can use Chatfuel to create your Chatbot easily!
How to Get Started With Chatfuel?
First, you need a facebook page. If you don’t have a facebook page to your business or website, you can visit and sign up by here.
- Go to chatfuel.com and click on “continue with facebook“. (There is no any other way to register at Chatfuel, use must have a facebook account to link your pages.)
- Click on “Allow” to give the permissions to log in.
- Choose your preferred facebook page to which you are going to create a Chatbot.
- Choose your Chatfuel plan. (You can choose FREE or PRO. The free plan just limited to 5,000 subscribers.)
- Now you can watch a quick tutorial about Chatfuel. It will help you to work with them.
I already mentioned that video below. Just watch it and see how it’s easy!
After watching this video, I hope you got a basic idea about how it works. It’s pretty simple to create basic Chatbot.
Let’s move on one by one!
How to Create a Basic Chatbot?
How Its Works?
Chatfuel platform mainly works with using blocks and buttons.
- A block just like a web page. It can contain text, images, and more complex plugins.
- Buttons used to connect with another block. (When someone clicks a button, they receive a block you connect to that button.)
In here you can see the conversation creating in the bot’s right side. You can use the blocks to view something on your bot. Just see the “Welcome Message“.
Block (Welcome Message): Formally this is an example for a block. When someone connects with your bot for the very first time, that welcome message will display to the user by the bot. You can edit it as you preferred.
Button (Click me): This is a button. When the user clicks on this button, they will receive the “second block“.
How to Add Elements?
You can use elements to add images, texts, show typing, quick replies, images, galleries, including chatfuel plugins. At first, trying to set up to your welcome block using the basic elements and test your Chatbot!
- Pre-Built Flow: use to add pre-built conversation step to your block.
- Text: Click on text icon to add another text box to your block.
- Typing: This will show “typing..” message on your bot.
- Quick Reply: This will show options to choose to connect with the next block from bots side. (Ex: Bot: Do you like to continue? YES – NO)
- Image: Add image to your block.
- Gallery: This is a very effective feature to show the products and services you offer. In the gallery, you can add image, headings, descriptions, and also you can add links or buttons.
How to Add Blocks?
You can see the “Add Blocks Here” in the middle of bot’s dashboard. Here you can add new blocks to build your Chatbot conversation. Must remember to link your all block to block with buttons to flow your conversation properly.
How to Publish the Bot?
Just go to “Configure” panel in your dashboard and click on “Publish” to make public your Chatbot to all of your Facebook page users. it will take some time to publish and check it after click on “Send Message” button on your facebook page.
How to Add Chatbot for Website?
Go to “Grow” panel in the dashboard. Here you can see the “Customer Chat Plugin for Your Website” feature. Click on “ENABLE” to get the code to insert on your website. Copy that code and paste on your website. It will allow to showing the same Chatbot on your website and Facebook page.
Finally, these are the very basic things about creating a Chatbot using Chatfuel platform.