Do you want to start a blog in 2019? Awesome idea! so, how to get started in blogging? where is the starting point? How to create a blog for free and make money?
When you are Google it, there are so many ideas out there on the web and YouTube. Maybe these ideas can be different because there are so many blogging platforms out there.
If you are a newbie to blogging, Google’s Blogger platform is the best way to get started. Suprise is, it’s FREE to use! Before a few years ago, I started my way to blogging with blogger.com. That is the easiest way to start a blog free. I learned many more things about blogging myself and that platform is very easy to used with your own Google Account. Sounds good?
So, in this article, I’m going to explain how to start a blog and make money using Blogger. Let’s move on!
What is a Blog?
A blog (Weblog) is a type of website presenting contents. Blogs are usually maintained by one person and blogs are being updated once a day, once a week, once a month or it can depend on the person.
According to Google,
What is a Blog Niche?
A blog niche is a specific topic you will decide to write about on your blog. It can help you to build an audience around your blog. Writing about your niche helps you to continuously write great contents to your blog.
How to Start a Blog for Free?
- First, Go to blogger.com and click on “Create Your Blog” button.
- Sign in to your Google Account. (If you don’t have an account, signed up here!)
- After you signed up, you will redirect to the blog creator page. Enter your blog name (Title) and URL there! (Blogger gives you blogspot.com subdomain for FREE or later you can buy a domain name from Namecheap.
- Choose your theme and click “Create Blog!”.
- Ones you clicked, you’ll redirect to the blogger dashboard. Yes! That’s it! you’re done with setting up a blog.
How to Write a Blog Post?
- You can start your posting by clicking on the orange button on the top of left corner named as “New Post“.
- After you clicked you’ll redirect to the writing section. It’s very simple to use. just like writing an MS Word document.
- Add a catchy title and write your post with your own content.
- Use the Best Spelling & Grammar Checker for best practice when you’re a beginner to blog writing also like me. It’s called Grammarly and it will help you to write the best blog posts with the Browser extension.
Once you have done with your writing process. you can publish or draft (save) your post. (You can see that options on the top of the right corner).
When you are publishing your post on your blog you can organize your post with these few options. I recommend using these options to build your blog clear. You can find these option on the left side under “Post Settings“.
- Labels: You can use labels to categorize your posts clearly.
- Schedule: If you want to schedule your post by special date or time use this option.
- Permalink: That can help to create and edit the link of your blog post. (https://talkbitz.com/start-your-blog-in-2019/)
- Location: You can add your posting location to the post.
- Options: Use to handle reader comments, compose mode, line breaks.
How to Get More Views and Traffic?
Unfortunately, it’s not easy to do. You have to write more attractive posts to get more traffic. When people like your posts they always with your blog. Firstly, need to write awesome content and be unique. That’s the main thing to get more traffic(visitors) to your blog.
- Using Social Media: You can share your content after you post with your social accounts or pages. Use Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc
.Especially trying to get more Pinterest traffic.
- Viral Content Bee: This is a great tool to get more social shares on your blog posts. It significantly increases your social media traffic.
Allowingpeople to follow your blog: You can allow people to follow your blog with their Google account.
To add this option to your blog,
Go to the Layout section in your blogger dashboard and click on “Add Gadget“. After it will show you a Gadget list. Choose “Followers” Gadget and click Save.
How to Make Money Off a Blog?
Google Adsense: Can you make money blogging? Definitely yes! If you are heard about Google Adsense. That is one of the best ways to earn from your blog. Adsense will display ads through your blog and they give you a commission for it. But at least you need quality traffic and unique 15-25 articles on your blog before to apply Adsense. It took me to 4 months. Read, how to get Adsense Approval in 10 easy steps.
Sponsored Content: You can write posts describing or featuring a special product or service. Very first you need more traffic. Because no one sponsored you when your blog has low traffic.
Affiliate marketing: most of the blog authors using affiliate marketing to gain passive income. Like Amazon Affiliates, you can promote their products in your blog and they will give you a commission for sales. Learn more about Amazon Affiliates here. Also, you can think about the ClickBank affiliate network.
What’s Next About Blogging?
You can use blogger platform for totally FREE. If you want to add a top-level domain, yes you can add “yourname.com” domain for blogger.
Mainly, Think about the quality of content in your blog, not about money. When your contents become awesome, you can earn more with your blog without limitations!
There is another way, you can refer to blogging ebooks like 7 Steps to Build a Full-Time Income Earning Blog to inspire your self in a better way.
Also, recently I wrote another article about self-hosted blogging with WordPress to becoming advanced in blogging. Read it here!