YouTube is a great platform and everyone loves to watch videos on YouTube using their desktop and mobile. But, sometimes you maybe need to prevent seeing some of the people present in your comments section on your videos.
On YouTube, the best way to handle this situation is by blocking the user and it prevents them from being able to comment on your content again and again.
However there is no way to keep them away from viewing your content inside YouTube because your video is public, but blocking will do at least prevent further commenting from that account.
So, here’s how to block someone else’s YouTube channel on your computer or mobile device, step-by-step!
How to Block a YouTube Channel on Desktop
If you already know the channel name or username of the person you want to block this will only take a few moments to block that person.
- Go to youtube.com, and simply search for the account you want to block.
- View their account and head over to the “About” section under the channel art.
- Scroll down to the flag icon at the right side of the page and select “Block User.”
- Finally, choose “Submit” to confirm.
How to Block a YouTube Channel on Mobile
If you want to block someone else from the YouTube mobile app, you can do it also the same on mobile as it is on the desktop.
- Go to the YouTube app on your or Android or iPhone.
- Tap on the search icon at the top of the app and search for the user you want to block.
- When you find that user, tap it to view their account from the search list.
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the mobile app screen and select the “Block User” after the prompt menu appears from the bottom.
- Finally, tap on “Block” to confirm.
That’s all! Once you blocked them they can’t comment on your videos and if you want to unblock them you can follow the same above steps to unblock those accounts one by one.