In every time, we take pictures and videos on mobile to memorize every special moment we love. But you need more storage to save all of the media you have taken. As my experience, I lost great pictures because of the low storage on my phone. In this case, I moved to Google Photos App. It’s resolved all problems!
Google Photos is the official Photos app provided by Google for Android phones. Also this app available for iOS and WebApp. It has a lot of features to Backup and organizes your own images with Google Account.
How to Get Google Photos?
- First, you need a Google Account. If you don’t have a Google Account, you can sign up here.
- If you are using an Android Phone, you can get it on Google Play Store. iOS users can get it from Apps Store.
- Install the app and sign in with your Google Account.
- Choose your sync options. (Remember to select “High Quality – Free Unlimited Storage” for free cloud storage.)
- Tap”Confirm” and you’re done with the installation process.
After you done with the installation, App will automatically start the backup process of your pictures and videos. You can control it by visiting the app settings page using the navigation bar. In settings, the app will allow you to choose backup folders. Mostly app will get “Camera folder” as default.
Back up and Sync
That’s not your Google Drive storage. This storage is separated from the drive. But there are two methods to backup and sync.
- Google Photos Unlimited Storage: This storage is totally free and Google gives you Unlimited Storage. Can be used for unlimited backup and sync only for photos and videos.
- Google Drive Storage (Free 15GB): This is Google drive’s storage. Google gives you only 15GB as Free storage. Can be used for backup and sync any file.
Just one thing to remember, these two storages are separated. You can select the backup location by clicking on “Upload Size” in the settings page on the app.
Adding Partner Account
This feature is awesome and very helpful for family members and other relations. But you can add only one partner to your library.
To add a Partner,
- Open the app and swipe right to open the navigation bar.
- Choose “Add Partner Account” from the list.
- Select your contact or add her/him by giving their Gmail.
- Choose what you give access to share. (All photos, Photos of specific people, Photos since specific day)
- Tap on “Next” and use the “Send Invitation” button to invite your partner.
After you send the invitation your partner will receive an email to confirm it. If a partner confirmed it, your library will share with him/her.
This feature is something different than “Adding Partner Account”. Shared album feature allows you to share your preferred albums or automatically share people and pets by face. Also, you can do collaborate with others, likes & comments, invite people and mainly allows you to share your album through a link.
To use this feature,
- Open the app and go to “Albums” tab.
- Tap on Menu icon in the top right corner and choose “Shared Album”.
- Choose what you want to share.
- Share with your contacts or tap on “Get Link” to create a link to your album.
Free up Space
Use this feature to clear your device storage to after backup completed. You can find it from app settings.
Sync from Google Drive
If you have already uploaded photos to Google Drive, use this feature to Sync that photos to Google Photos App. You can easily find this feature
One of my favorite Google feature. This feature allows you to find what are the things in your photos. Open the full-screen preview of any photo through the app and tap on Google Lens icon left to the Delete icon.
For an example, If you have a photo of Tech Gadget, use this feature. It will show you likely Brand of product, Phone numbers, Website and a short description of that Gadget.
Never missed your loving moments again. Use Google Photos and memorize your everything in your phone.