Having a Custom email address offers a professional appearance to your brand. In fact, Many users having at least two email accounts, one for personal and another one is for professional use. Is it possible to use Gmail for a custom domain?
We’ll know Gmail is fairly simple and it has a lot of useful features that make your life easier. So what’s happen if you have a custom email address ([email protected]) and wish to manage it in using (send/receive) Gmail? The process is so easy and it will save your time by instead of managing your emails separately.
Before you start this process you’ll need a custom email address on your own domain (Read the Cpanel webmail setup tutorial). If you’re thinking about a creating new website or a blog, Learn how to create a WordPress site step-by-step here.
Let’s move on!
Setting Up Your Custom Email Address With Gmail
1. First, Log in to your own Gmail account and click on the Gear icon in the top right corner and choose “Settings“.
2. Move to the “Accounts and Import” tab and click on “Add an email account“
3. Enter your custom email address that you want to use with your Gmail account. Then click “Next“. Also, click “Next” for the window will appear after this window, describing Import emails from my other account (POP3).
4. Find email configuration details of your custom email. To find these details go to your Cpanel > Email Accounts > Connect Devices > Setup Mail Client
5. Enter your email configuration details on the Gmail configuration window. Make sure to enter your correct username, password, POP server and the port. Then click “Add Account“.
6. If all of your entered details are correct you will be taken to the next window. Here you can choose to send mail using your cPanel email address from your Gmail account. Choose “Yes” and click “Next“.
7. On this window, you have to enter your name to show on any emails you send via Gmail using this custom email address. Then click “Next Step“.
8. On the next window, you will need to enter outgoing server details about your custom email account. Again, back to your mail client settings on Cpanel.
9. Now enter the outgoing email server details correctly. The SMTP server is usually your domain name. Enter and click “Add Account“.
10. Finally, a confirmation code will be sent to the custom email address on your Cpanel. Go to Cpanel > Email Accounts > Access Webmail to find the code in the verification email and enter it here. Then click “Verify“.
Composing a New Email
After your done with the setting up process it’s time to check does your email works fine. Go to your Gmail and try to compose a new email using your custom email address with Gmail. Here you can choose to what is the email you want to send by.
Manage Your Emails Stress-Free
I know this process is valuable for everyone like a blogger or online entrepreneur to manage emails better with using Gmail for a custom domain. Anyhow, I think I made it easier with this post.
In fact, Google is wondering our lives with their valuable products, that’s why people always love to use Gmail. So if you like to help someone like you to help with this, Make sure to push this on to your social media profiles. That’s really up to you!
Featured Image by rawpixel.com.