Ready to choose one of the best web hosting services for your new website?
If you’re a beginner in starting a website or a blog for the first time, selecting one of the best Web hosting services can be a big challenge.
With so many hosting providers, you want is to have to figure out what is the best one perfect for you. That’s why I decided to help you choose the best Web hosting right for you.
In this article, I’ll give you an overview of the best beginner-friendly Web hosting services and tips to select the right one for you.
Let’s dive in!
Disclosure: This free article contains some affiliate links. If you purchase any service through one of these links I may earn a small commission, this is at no extra cost to you.
What is Web Hosting?
In general speaking, Web hosting is the service that enables you to publish your website on the Internet. When you sign up for a web hosting service, which means you’ll rent some space on a physical server from that web hosting company to store all the files and data need for your website to work properly.
This particular space (or server) is always connected to the Internet so your visitors can access your website from anywhere at any time. Then you have to pay them monthly or annually for that service. The amount you pay depends on the features they provide and the type of web hosting you’re going to be selected.
Web hosting services come in different sizes in different cases such as Shared hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS, managed hosting, and more. Shared web hosting really means web hosts bundle a bunch of sites together and put them all on the same server.
If you’re here as a blogging beginner or a small business owner, and you may be looking to start your site with less effort, Shared hosting is perfect for your small website.
The big question is, how to choose the right Web hosting package perfect for your website and save you money. Don’t worry, let’s find out!
What Makes a Web Hosting Good?
What makes a Web hosting service beginner-friendly?
The most beginner-friendly hosting companies will offer you features such as:
- Easy WordPress set-up (1-click WordPress setup): A hassle-free process to install WordPress with clear step-by-step instructions.
- Easy-to-use: Most provides also provides easy setup and a dashboard with quick website builders depending on your plan.
- Less tech-savvy options: If you’re a beginner, you should consider if the hosting required coding skills or hard technical knowledge in order to install WordPress or start your website. But the truth is you’ll find tons of guides on the internet to understand what really you need to do.
- Uptime and Speed: When you are looking for a shared or any hosting plan, you need to make sure that you have an absolute minimum of a 99% uptime guarantee and fair server speed.
- Easy Backup options: This is one of the important things to consider when you running a website for any purpose. When you caused any problem with your website, you can use a backup tool to restore your site. This will available as a free or paid add-on with hosting.
- Friendly and Fast support: No matter how many wow services they’ll offer for you. When you stuck anywhere and the hosting provider failed to support you on time, it will bring you big issues. So you need to consider how they will provide their support 24/7 with always available to you.
- Wide Knowledge base: Access to useful resources and tutorials to find solutions quickly.
- Money-Back Guarantee: If you did not satisfy with the hosting you should get a money-back guarantee to cancel and look for other hosting providers.
Simply put, when you clearly understand your requirements and the hosting provider’s features and services, then you’re good to go!
For beginners, you can start your site from the basic plans. When your sites grows you can upgrade your hosting package to a large one depending on your requirements.
Let’s get on the list!
1. Bluehost (Recommend for Beginners)
Bluehost is a large web hosting service officially recommended by WordPress. They make it easy to get a budget-friendly WordPress website up and running and the easy-to-use interface is ideal for beginners.
Here’re some Bluehost’s most beginner-friendly features:
- 1-Click WordPress installation: Bluehost offers a simple installation process to start your WordPress site. This is perfect for you if you’re a beginner looking to start your WordPress website with no technical knowledge.
- Simple interface: Bluehost dashboard is easy to use and it has simple explanations available for every feature. Which is ideal for beginners.
- Easily scalable: If you’re not sure which plan to choose, you can simply start with the Basic plan and you can upgrade as your website grows.
- Automatic updates: Bluehost supports automatic WordPress updates.
- Easy Backup options: Free automatic backup options available for first-year with “Choice plus” plan and CodeGuard service is available as an add-on to take daily backups.
- Support: They offer 24/7 support available via live chat, phone, and email.
- Money-back guarantee: They offer you a 30-day money-back guarantee so no risk.
Bluehost’s shared hosting plans are the most budget-friendly and their Basic hosting starts at $3.95/month and you’ll have a free domain name with an SSL certificate included (for the first year) with 50GB storage.
The basic plan is perfect for a single website.
They don’t offer a monthly payment option which means you have to pay for 1, 2, or 3 years up front. If you pay for 3 years, your cost will be discounted from the normal price but after the 3 years, you have to go with their normal hosting plan priced at $7.99/month.
However, If you’re looking for a web web hosting service in both beginner and budget-friendly, Bluehost’s easy features and prices are very appealing for beginners.
HostGator is a popular hosting provider that offers easy and affordable hosting plans for users. They come up with 1-click WordPress Installs with a low-priced introductory offer for their all hosting plans.
Here’re some HostGator’s most beginner-friendly features:
- Quick WordPress installation: You already know this offers a simple installation process to start your WordPress site.
- Easily scalable: You can upgrade at any time.
- Simple interface: The HostGator makes it simple to manage your hosting with its new upgraded dashbord.
- Automatic updates: HostGator supports automatic WordPress updates.
- Easy Backup options: HostGator will automatically backup your files once a week on a random day.
- Support: They offer 24/7 support available via live chat, phone, email, and especially with their video tutorial system.
- Money-back guarantee: HostGator offers you a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Their basic shared hosting plans come with unlimited storage, bandwidth, free domain (for the first year), and a free SSL certificate included. This is perfect for beginners to start any kind of website. If you pay for 3 years, your cost will be discounted to as low as $2.75/month (Hatchling Plan) only for the first time. After the 3 years, your plan will renew at $6.95/month.
They also offer monthly payment options starting at $10.95, which is a little more expensive. If you go with annual plans you can save more for the coming up years.
If you’re starting a website just with WordPress, they also have managed WordPress hosting plans optimized for 2.5X faster load times for your site.
Hostinger is one of the best hosting providers out there and they offer shared hosting, WordPress hosting, and cloud hosting services at cheap prices (from just $0.99 per month). The best thing is you can also install WordPress with just one click, and their business plans come with a daily backup feature.
If you’re looking to build up a small website, then Hostinger’s “Single Shared Hosting” plan is one of the cheapest choices for you.
Here’re some beginner-friendly features of Hostinger:
- Simple Interface: If you don’t have experience with the web hosting or managing a website, Hostinger got you covered with their simple admin dashboard.
- Quick WordPress installation: This provides a simple installation process to build your WordPress site.
- No traditional cPanel: If you’ve used cPanel to manage your sites, then you may be a bit confused using Hostinger’s version. But if you’re new to it, that will be fine.
- Easy Backup options: The backups are available for all shared and cloud hosting packages.
- Support: They will be support for you 24/7, but if you want to access the live chat feature you need to log into your account first.
- Money-back guarantee: Hostinger offers you a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you’re not happy with Hostinger, you can get your money refunded within 30 days of signing up, which is good when you’re getting hosting for the very first time.
InMotion hosting is one of the best web hosting providers out there. Depending on your needs, InMotion is a great choice for any kind of business.
If you looking for a reasonably-priced web hosting service that offers a ton of great features, especially for WordPress, then this hosting provider one that you want to consider.
Here’re some InMotion’s most beginner-friendly features:
- WordPress Pre-Installed: With WordPress hosting, you’ll get pre-installed WordPress so you can start developing your website instantly.
- Easily scalable: As your website grows, you can upgrade your plan on-demand.
- Automatic updates: They support automatic WordPress updates.
- Easy Backup options: They offer you a Backup Manager tool available to one-click website restore.
- Support: They offer 24/7/356 support available via live chat, phone, and email.
- Money-back guarantee: Unlike other web hosting service providers, they offer you a 90-days money-back guarantee for shared hosting plans.
If you’re planning to build a website with WordPress, their WordPress hosting plan allows your website to have a 6x performance and speed. Beyond the WordPress hosting, they will also offer Shared hosting, VPS, Dedicated host, server solutions/tools, and many more.
But they have many pricing plans so that can be a little overwhelming while choosing the right plan for you.
Namecheap is a leading domain registrar for cheap domains and it’s also perfect for web hosting. The main reason for that is because the company provides incredibly cheap hosting plans. But if you’re a total beginner it’s may not fairly suitable for you.
Because they didn’t offer one-click installation in combination with cPanel. They recommend the Softaculous automatic app installer to install WordPress. To do this, you’ve to log in to your host’s cPanel account and locate the WordPress installer icon in the auto-installers section. That needs some work.
Here’re some Namecheap’s most beginner-friendly features:
- Easy WordPress installation: You need to access the Softaculous automatic app installer to install WordPress in a few clicks.
- Simple interface: Namecheap’s dashboard very clean and uncluttered and it displays a lot of information at a glance.
- Easily scalable: You can upgrade your hosting plan at any time.
- Automatic updates: Supports automatic WordPress updates.
- Easy Backup options: They offer you a Backup tool available for one-click website restore.
- Support: They offer 24/7 support available via live chat, phone, email.
- Money-back guarantee: They offer you a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The main reason for selecting Namecheap is the number of features, the steller plan costs you only $1.44/month when paying for the first 2 years, and small sites don’t drive huge amounts of traffic so it can handle it. After the 2 years, your plan will renew at $2.88/month.
All of these web hosting providers have excellent hosting packages for beginners, but choosing the right one to host your website depends on the features and your budget.
So there you have it – now it’s your turn!
All of these above web hosting services are the best, most helpful, and your choice depends on your requirements and also your experience.
When choosing the best one, you should need to figure out all your requirements first. If you’ve got a lot of daily website traffic (like e-Commerce websites), there is nothing worse than that when you’re going to choose the lowest plan at the web hosting provider.
However, you can start from the lowest one and go for the higher plans as you grow. That will save you money but needs some work also.
I hope that will make it easier for you to decide which hosting providers that you could select for your new website.
So, what is the best one for you? Let me know your comments below. And don’t forget to share this on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to help beginners like you!