If you’re a beginner in starting a website for the first time, selecting one of the best Web hosting services can be a big challenge. With so many hosting providers, you want is to have to figure out what is the best one perfect for you. That’s why I decided to help you choose the best Web hosting right for you.
But how to select the best one that right for you?
To help make this easier, I have created a Web hosting recommendation quiz that can help you decide which is the best for you based on your needs.
All you have to do is accurately answer the questions in the quiz below:
Which is the Best Web Hosting for You?
Wondering which hosting company should you choose from this list? Just take the Web hosting quiz below, and It will tell you which one is right for you.
Which is the Best Web Hosting for You?
Which best describes you?
What is your skill level?
What's most important for you at this stage?
What is the average number of visitors you expect to get per month?
What type of website are you going to start?
Next question 1 of 5
Share story to unlock your results
In this article, I’ll give you an overview of the best beginner-friendly Web hosting services and tips to select the right one for you.
Let’s dive in!
Disclosure: This free article contains some affiliate links. If you purchase any service through one of these links I may earn a small commission, this is at no extra cost to you.
How to Choose the Best Web Hosting Service
First, What is Web hosting?
In general speaking, Web hosting is the service that enables you to publish your website on the Internet. When you sign up for a web hosting service, which means you’ll rent some space on a physical server from that web hosting company to store all the files and data need for your website to work properly.
This particular space (or server) is always connected to the Internet so your visitors can access your website from anywhere at any time.
Then you have to pay them monthly or annually for that service. The amount you pay depends on the features they provide and the type of web hosting you’re going to be selected.
Web hosting services come in different sizes in different cases such as Shared hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS, managed hosting, and more.
If you’re here as a blogging beginner or a small business owner, WordPress will be the best answer to build your site. And you may be looking to start your site with less effort, Shared hosting is perfect for your small website.
Shared web hosting really means web hosts bundle a bunch of sites together and put them all on the same server.
The big question is, how to choose the right Web hosting package perfect for your website and save you money.
Don’t worry, let’s find out!
What makes a Web hosting service beginner-friendly?
The most beginner-friendly hosting companies will offer you features such as:
- Easy WordPress set-up (1-click WordPress setup): A hassle-free process to install WordPress with clear step-by-step instructions.
- Easy Customizations: Hosting providers will provide access to themes and plugins that you can just install with the 1-click install mostly when you installing WordPress. And they’ve easy dashboard you can mage your hosting account.
- Less tech-savvy options: Any hosting provider for beginners should not have any code or hard technical knowledge required in order to install WordPress and start your site. But the truth is you’ll need to understand what really you’re doing by reading guides like this.
- Uptime: When you are looking for a shared hosting plan, you need to make sure that you have an absolute minimum of a 99% uptime guarantee.
- Friendly and Fast Support: No matter how many wow services they’ll offer for you. When you stuck anywhere and the hosting provider failed to support you on time, that will bring you big issues. So you need to consider how they will provide their support 24/7 with always available to you.
- Wide Knowledge base: Access to useful resources and tutorials to find solutions quickly.
- Money-Back Guarantee: If you did not satisfy with the hosting you should get a money-back guarantee to cancel and look for other hosting providers. But choosing the right one for the first time is best at all.
Simply put, when you clearly understand your requirements and the hosting provider’s features and services, you’re good to go!
For beginners, you can start your site from the basic plans, when your sites grow you can upgrade your hosting package to a large one depending on your requirements.
Bluehost is a large web hosting service officially recommended by WordPress. They make it easy to get a budget-friendly WordPress website up and running and the easy-to-use interface is ideal for beginners.
Bluehost black friday deals offers 60% discount on all plans!
Here’re some Bluehost’s most beginner-friendly features:
- 1-Click WordPress installation: Bluehost offers a simple installation process to start your WordPress site. This is perfect for you if you’re a beginner looking to start your WordPress website with no technical knowledge.
- Simple interface: Bluehost dashboard is easy to use and it has simple explanations available for every feature. Which is ideal for beginners.
- Easily scalable: If you’re not sure which plan to choose, you can simply start with the Basic plan and you can upgrade as your website grows.
- Automatic updates: Bluehost supports automatic WordPress updates.
- Customer service: They offer 24/7 support available via live chat, phone, and email.
- Money-back guarantee: They offer you a 30-day money-back guarantee so no risk.
Bluehost’s shared hosting plans are the most budget-friendly and their Basic hosting starts at $3.95/month and you’ll have a free domain name with an SSL certificate included (for the first year) with 50GB storage. This basic plan is perfect for a single website.
They don’t offer a monthly payment option which means you have to pay for 1, 2, or 3 years upfront. If you pay for 3 years, your cost will be discounted from the normal price but after the 3 years, you have to go with their normal hosting plan priced at $7.99/month.
However, If you’re looking for a web web hosting service in both beginner and budget-friendly, Bluehost’s easy features and prices are very appealing for beginners.
HostGator is a popular hosting provider that offers easy and affordable hosting plans for users. They come up with 1-click WordPress Installs with a low-priced introductory offer for their all hosting plans.
Here’re some HostGator’s most beginner-friendly features:
- Quick WordPress installation: You already know this offers a simple installation process to start your WordPress site.
- Easily scalable: You can upgrade at any time.
- Simple interface: The HostGator makes it simple to manage your hosting with its new upgraded dashbord.
- Automatic updates: HostGator supports automatic WordPress updates.
- Customer service: They offer 24/7 support available via live chat, phone, email, and especially with their video tutorial system.
- Money-back guarantee: Unlike other web hosting service providers, HostGator offers you a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Their basic shared hosting plans come with unlimited storage, bandwidth, free domain (for the first year), and a free SSL certificate included. This is perfect for beginners to start any kind of website. If you pay for 3 years, your cost will be discounted to as low as $2.75/month (Hatchling Plan) only for the first time. After the 3 years, your plan will renew at $6.95/month.
They also offer monthly payment options starting at $10.95, which is a little more expensive. If you go with annual plans you can save more for the coming up years.
If you’re starting a website just with WordPress, they also have managed WordPress hosting plans optimized for 2.5X faster load times for your site.
Namecheap is a leading domain registrar for cheap domains and it’s also perfect for web hosting. The main reason for that is because the company provides incredibly cheap hosting plans. But if you’re a total beginner it’s may not fairly suitable for you.
Because they didn’t offer one-click installation in combination with cPanel. They recommend the Softaculous automatic app installer to install WordPress in a few clicks. To do this, you’ve to log in to your host’s cPanel account and locate the WordPress installer icon in the auto-installers section. That needs some work.
Here’re some Namecheap’s most beginner-friendly features:
- Easy WordPress installation: You need to access the Softaculous automatic app installer to install WordPress in a few clicks.
- Simple interface: Namecheap’s dashboard very clean and uncluttered and it displays a lot of information at a glance.
- Easily scalable: You can upgrade your hosting plan at any time.
- Automatic updates: Supports automatic WordPress updates.
- Customer service: They offer 24/7 support available via live chat, phone, email.
- Money-back guarantee: They offer you a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The main reason for selecting Namecheap is the number of features, the steller plan costs you only $1.44/month when paying for the first 2 years, and small sites don’t drive huge amounts of traffic so it can handle it. After the 2 years, your plan will renew at $2.88/month.
All of these web hosting providers have excellent hosting packages for beginners, but choosing the right one to host your website depends on the features and your budget.
To help you to make the right decision, here is a summarized list to select what hosting service is best suits:
- Bluehost is the best choice for users who want both beginner and budget-friendly web host.
- HostGator is a great choice for users who focus on budget with a long term money-back guarantee with beginner-friendly options.
- Namecheap is best for beginners who need web hosting for the cheapest price. but needs some work to start.
So there you have it – now it’s your turn!
All of these 3 web hosting services are the best, most helpful, and your choice depends on your requirements and also your experience. I hope that will make it easier for you to decide which hosting providers that you could select for your new website.
So, what is the best one for you? Let me know your comments below. And don’t forget to share this on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to help beginners like you!